This clock features are:
- Gorgeous green floral hindeloopen case.
- 1970s old.
- Silvered dial with Roman numbers, set on velvet.
- On top a large atlas figure. According to Greek mythology; Atlas carries the kingdom of heaven on his shoulder as a punishment for his pride for fighting Zeus, that way he is preventing heaven to fall down on earth. Atlas is also the God of Astronomy that explains somewhat the presence on clocks. On the rare heavy bronze top front ornament 3 woman figures, representing faith, hope and charity, the side ornaments the city shield of Amsterdam.
- On the side ornament there is a Dutch line that says “Nu elck sijn sin” which means to each his wish.
- The pendulum is a man on a horse, the courier of the king, swinging in front of a floral decoration.
- 8 day overhauled clockwork in excellent running condition.
- It has a distinct bell chime on a brass bell, one time for the half and a full set of strikes for the full hour.
- Two brass pear shaped weights.
- Small windows on the sides of the clock.
- Nice brass ornaments and applications around the dial and heavy bronze columns on the front of the case.
- It hangs approx 20″ or 51 cm tall and 8″ or 20 cm wide and 5.5″ or 14 cm deep.
- In excellent condition, signs of use as to be expected for a clock this old. Some paint chips, one touched up spot on the top.